Federal Government funding for Narrogin and surrounds
Posted on Wednesday, 17 August 2005
Member for Pearce Judi Moylan today announced the 2005-06 Financial Assistance Grants for Pearce.
These Local Government Financial Assistance Grants help councils to provide local communities with high quality services.
In the southern areas of Pearce the allocations for 2005-06 are as follows –
• Shire of Brookton - $567,125;
• Shire of Beverley - $768,500;
• Shire of Boddington - $348,329;
• Shire of Cuballing - $642,225;
• Shire of Narrogin - $666,496;
• Town of Narrogin - $767,113;
• Shire of Pingelly - $741,712;
• Shire of Wandering - $301,891; and
• Shire of Williams - $283,170.
“Funds are used by councils to provide a range of health, community, recreational, cultural and environmental services and to provide and maintain infrastructure such as roads,” Ms Moylan said.
The grants are untied so the local councils can allocate the funds according to priorities.